Since I last posted, not much has happened. Graham had his wisdom teeth pulled out on the 23rd. I have been working and going to school as normal. I enjoy my nutrition class a lot, and am learning new things every time. Graham's brothers Tyrel and Bobby are here for the weekend while Bob and Heidi are in China with Jim C.
I got some new cook books so I have been trying out some new recipes. Here is a few of my favorites.
Savory Party Bread (great snack for everyone)
1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread
1 pound Montery Jack cheese, sliced
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 cup chopped green onions
Cut the bread lengthwise and crosswise without cutting through the bottom crust. Insert cheese between cuts. Combine butter, onions, and garlic salt and drizzle over the bread. Wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 min. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Herb Biscuit Loaf
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tubes (12 oz each) buttermilk biscuits
In a shallow bowl, combine the firs five ingredients. Dip biscuits in butter mixture and fold in half and place in rows in a greased 9-in square baking pan. Drizzle with remaining utter mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 27-30 minutes or until golden brown.
S'more Tarts (very good and very sweet)
1 package fudge brownie mix
12 individual graham cracker shells
miniature marshmallows
milk chocolate chips
Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Place graham cracker shells on a baking sheet and fill with brownie batter. Bake at 350 degrees fro 20-25 min. or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown.
I love when I have time to actually cook, so does Graham. We had a very good potluck at Bob and Kathy's today and now are going to have a relaxing afternoon. Shawna and (I want to say Elaine) are going to start gospel meetings again this Wednesday.
Have a great week.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
when it snows we have two choices: shovel or make snow angels!
Posted by The Lewis's at 8:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oooo...YUM! :) Thanks for sharing those recipes! I'll have to try them sometime! :)
Wow, Lana, I am impressed that you are trying all these new recipes! Good for you. I want to make the cheese bread one - and the others too. The only problem is, I need more people to help eat them! Love, Mom
These all sound great Lana! I am going to try a 1/2 batch of the biscuits with lunch today. I just happen to have the ingredients on hand. Thanks for sharing your culinary achievements.
Post a Comment