Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Just another day in paradise

Another semester has come and gone, and I only have one more semester left, :D. I only have 14 more credit hours that I need to take, and only have to take three harder classes. I have two fun and easy classes to balance out the hard classes.

Since I last wrote, we have done a lot of things. We went to the Wyoming Shoot out in Casper to watch both the Cowgirls and Cowboys play basketball. Graham and I met his family there, and had a good time.




We went to Graham's parents before Christmas and stayed until after Christmas. I got to make a lot of cookies and eat a lot of cookies, it was great. It was great for both of us to get a vacation away from work and school. Then we went to Riverton to finish out our vacation. We got to share 5th Sunday with everyone there.

One of the most exciting things was trying to get home. We saw that I 80 from Rawlins to Laramie was closed, so we went to Casper to get on to I 25. We made it to Wheatland and the roads were closed. The hotels were full so we decided to stay in our car for a while. They opened the roads at 11:00 PM so we went to Cheyenne and found the roads closed to Laramie. There was one hotel room left, but it was expensive and a smoking room, so we stayed in our car some more. At 3:00 AM, we saw the roads were open again so we went got across to Laramie and got home at 4:00. The roads weren't bad at all, but they must have had a reason to close them. We got home safe, and that is all that is important. I have just been working and doing odd jobs that I wanted to get done before school starts on Monday.

On another note, there have been a lot of changes to the university in the last two years. We have a new classroom building and a new archeology building. Currently they are expanding the C.O.E. Library. Here is a picture of the hole where the old archeology building used to be.




They have cut the parking in half outside the union, and it has caused a lot of other problems, but I don't have to worry to much longer anyway.

I have been enjoying having time to do some baking. We have a potluck this week, so I am going to try some new recipes. I got some good cookbooks as wedding presents, so I have had fun looking through them. I hope everyone is keeping warm, and have a great day.

2 comments:

grmasusie said...

Lana, I really enjoyed reading your blog! Keep up the pictures, etc. The UW pictures were interesting and I loved the one of your dad and you fishing...he sure loved to take you kids along! Come see us.

Lainey said...

Ah! An update! I am not as nice as your other auntie, and think it is time to let you know that I expect more frequent updates. No excuse that you have a life and I don't. Ha. I too love seeing the picture of you and Brad. You sure were a cutie! What fun to see the changes at my ole alma matter. I hope they plan on using the sand stone on the new buildings. Take care!