Thursday, May 22, 2008

Some things old, some things new, some things borrowed, but not blue

Well, it feels so good to have everything tucked away and start living. It hasn't been easy, but so worth it in the end. At this point, I would like to announce the in-laws of the year: Bob and Heidi Lewis and family. Without them, I wouldn't have the home I have today. So a very large thank you for cleaning, painting, and fixing things for us. Also thanks to mom for the washer and dryer. It is so nice to have them and I am so excited to be using them.

I have a very nice kitchen with a cute old stove (that still works) and lots of cupboard space. It is fun to live in a house that has such character and history. If you look past the exploding water pipes and age, it is really kind of cute. I have 4 bedrooms and a cute little yard that is very green and shady. I also have a pond with ducks, but I don't know if there is any fish in there. We have a pet rabbit that hangs out right outside the living room window. I also have 2 living rooms, and I am working on getting more furniture in them. Anyway, here are some pictures of our house.






Here are some pictures of the flooded river here.

When I went home last weekend Alisa and I had to go up into the hills to reminisce about our child hood days. For some reason Ty loved freaking everyone, mostly mom, out by catching scorpions and de-sting them. We would all go up to a place where past kits had built a fort so there are logs laying on the ground everywhere and look for them. Alisa and I found some. Please keep in mind that these are not like the ones you find down south, but for our area they are pretty big.


This is a good picture of home.

I forget how dry it can be at home.


This is a rock that was shot in our shooting range, it was kind of neat.

These are the mushroom rocks that we would play on.



That is all I have for now. I am looking forward to a nice 3 day weekend with no traveling or anything to do. Have a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a picture of your house. It is nice to be able to picture where you are living. It looks very nice. And I like the green! Wow, looking at our place from the top of the hill it sure looks bleak! I never see it that way - in my eyes it is much prettier than it really is, I guess. I am glad you are getting settled in. I am looking forward to that time - when all the boxes are unpacked and I actually know where everything is. Love, Mom

Kate said...

What a wonderful post Lana. Your house is so great, and what beautiful trees you have....
Some people spend years and years trying to grow trees like that. :)
Chris and I are going to enjoy our three day weekend too. We are going to do lots of yard work, and plan where we are going to put our plants. It is so fun to be moved into our house...now we can do lots of yard work!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice post Lana. Since you featured the cracked ground at Riverton I'd like to add that the cracks are completely saturated with water,
4.24" later! We are monsoonal, if that's a word!
Love, Bonnie

hi-d said...

what a cute little house! i would love to come visit someday:)